Monday, May 21, 2012

Why I am writing this blog?


I decided to start this blog to keep track of my progress throughout my knee surgery and recovery. On 22 May my left knee will be operated on. I have had 3 previous patella dislocations (left knee) and will now undergo MPFL (Medial Patella-Femoral Ligament) Reconstruction as well as arthroscopic procedure called Microfracture due to my cartilage damage.

I hope that my blog can provide both hope and answers for others with knee problems like me. MPFL Reconstruction isn't an extremely common procedure but it has started to gain a lot more recognition over the past 10-20 years. There is not a large amount of information out there about it (as compared to say, an ACL repair surgery). I also did not anticipate having the microfracture but I would rather have everything taken care of in one surgery versus having to chronically have more operations performed. I will write more and describe these procedures better later...

I am hopeful that I will make a full recovery. I am slated to be unrestricted after 6 months. I'm sure there will still be a lot of work to do after that - muscle strength takes a long time to re-develop.

Cheers to the recovery road ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, I too have had 3 full dislocations of my Left Patella (each had a 4-6 week recovery). I am scheduled to have an MPFL Reconstruction on the 25th of June. Hope all goes well for you.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned.
    Knee Surgeons Phoenix

    ReplyDelete